250g Strong White Flour
250g 00 Flour
2 tsp Salt
1tbsp Olive Oil
Fresh figs (cut widthways)
Red onion (sliced)
Method - Oven 220C
1. Put all the ingredients apart from the water into a bowl and mix.
2. Add the water slowly mixing with a wooden spoon until it comes together.
3. Tip the dough pout onto a oiled work surface and knead for 10 minutes, until the dough is smooth. Leave in a bowl and cover until it has doubled in size. (about 1 hour)
4. Split dough into two using a dough scraper or knife. Put on two separate baking trays and lightly press into a rectangular shape. Leave to prove for another hour.
5. Gently push the figs and onion into the dough. Drizzle with some olive oil and sprinkle with salt and fresh rosemary stems.
6. Bake in oven for 15 -20 minutes. Or until it sounds hollow when tapped and it’s nicely golden.